It’s February and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner you may be looking for some fun and unique activities to do with your significant other. A busy life can keep you from making grand plans for Valentine’s Day or a special occasion and you may be thinking how can I plan a great date? Well, here is a list of ideas for an exciting date night idea in the Atlanta area!
Take a Class Together!
It’s never too late to learn something new together! Not only is it fun, but it’s romantic too. It’s a great way to spend an evening and create a closer connection through new experiences. Some ideas include:
- Southern Thunder BBQ School: Grab your chef’s hat and apron, it’s about to get smokin’ in this place! Southern Thunder BBQ School in Atlanta offers some amazing cooking classes, which are a fun way to interact as a couple. They even have a Master class on how to prepare, smoke meat, and BBQ for a large crowd. Or, if you’re looking for something a little more low-key, try their Grilling and Wine Pairing class, where you’ll learn some grilling techniques and how to pair your meal with wine!
- Janke Glass Studios: You’ll see right thru this, but you can’t deny how beautiful glass art can be! Janke Glass Studios in Downtown Atlanta offers class opportunities that you can take together! You can even try and make your own glasses and later use them for a champagne or cider toast!
- Painting with a Twist: Get your paint on by taking an art or painting class together! Painting with a Twist located at Brookwood Square in Buckhead offers a variety of date night events to choose from. And yes, you can even sip a little tasty wine while you paint!
Go For A Little Adventure
A special day date or a date night is the best time to add a little adventure and excitement to your life! Keep in mind this doesn’t mean you have to participate in an “extreme” sport. Rather, consider activities that you will both enjoy that get you out of your comfort zone and get your heart racing!
- Picnic in the Park: It’s an Atlanta favorite and one we definitely recommend. Pack a basket or a tote, load up the cooler, and head to Piedmont Park for a picnic. It’s one of the best places in the city to get some great views of the Atlanta skyline, so get your Instagram ready! With plenty of fresh air and lovely trees, it’s a great place to have a low-key date and spend some quality time together.
- Bike the Beltline: If you and your partner love to get in some exercise outdoors together or just want to go hardcore, about a long bike ride! Check out Atlanta BeltLine which boasts 33 miles of walking and biking paths. You can make a whole day out of a long bike ride while stopping off along the way for some lunch at Ponce City Market!
- Hit Up the Pin: Go for the Strike or pick up the Spare at The Painted Pin! This upscale bowling alley and lounge allow for a more laid-back “adult” feel. You’ll be sure to have a lot of laughs and get to spend some nice, fun competitive time with your sweetie.
Explore a New Place or Activity
These activities will make a splash in a big way! This is a chance for you and your partner to expand your interests and is an excellent way to grow together as a couple! Pack a lunch, or prepare your list of sights to see ahead of time and enjoy a new date night activity in one of these unique locations:
- No Strings Attached: The Center for Puppetry Arts can be found near the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, and you will definitely spot this location easily – the building is bright green! The center is just as its name says, a puppetry museum with a variety of exhibits, performances, workshops & classes. You and your sweetie could take a workshop to “create a puppet” and maybe bring some fun home for the rest of the family!
- It’s All Over the World! World of Coca-Cola sits right the in middle of downtown Atlanta but you can’t miss this place – there’s a big bottle of soda on the side of the building! Exactly as it sounds, this is a museum of memorabilia, films, and exhibits (some view only, some interactive) all dedicated to the famous soft drink that debuted in Atlanta in 1886. Spend a fun day or evening together while you learn about one of the most iconic brand names in history!
- Visit SeaQuest Stonecrest: With over ten locations across the US, SeaQuest Stonecrest is one of the most unique, thrilling, and interactive attractions you’ll ever visit! The ultimate land and sea adventure, SeaQuest offers hands-on encounters that let you connect with animals and wildlife from around the globe! Spend a date night by experiencing animal encounters with your significant other. Whether it’s hand-feeding birds, petting reptiles, or snuggling with a sloth, it will be a date night experience like none other. Finish off your date adventure with a relaxing foot soak in the fish spa – your skin will thank you later.
A romantic date doesn’t have to be time-consuming or expensive, but it should be fun and memorable! If you are planning a special date night or looking for ideas for Valentine’s Day in the Atlanta area, hopefully, some of these picks will help in your planning journey! Make sure to capture those wonderful moments and post them to social media — share your date night adventure with others. You may just inspire a couple out there to try something new as well!