Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and you may be on the hunt for some fun, unique and unforgettable activities to do with your significant other. A busy life can keep you from making grand plans for your special occasion and you’re probably thinking how can I plan a great date? Well, here are some other exciting date night ideas in the Denver area!
Take a Class Together!
Learn something new together! It’s not only fun, but it’s romantic too. It’s a great way to spend an evening and create a closer connection through new experiences. Some ideas include:
- Uncorked Kitchen: Grab your apron and chef’s hat! Uncorked Kitchen and Wine Bar in Denver offers unique date night cooking classes, which are a fun way to interact as a couple. It’s a perfect time to try something new together and learn recipes that you’ll be able to cook at home for years to come!
- Painting with a Twist: Get your paint on by taking an art or painting class together! Painting with a Twist in Downtown Denver offers a variety of date night events to choose from. And yes, you can even sip a little tasty wine while you paint!
- Peace, Love, and CHOCOLATE?? The name says it all. Piece, Love & Chocolate in Boulder brings the sweets to your sweet date! Their classes offer couples a chance to learn how to make chocolate, or they also offer a variety of baking classes!
- Little Glass Art: You’ll see right thru this, but you can’t deny how beautiful glass art can be! Little Glass Art in Denver offers class opportunities that you can take together! You can even try and make your own glasses and later use them for a champagne or cider toast!
Go For A Little Adventure
Why not add a little adventure on your next date? Keep in mind this doesn’t mean you have to participate in an “extreme” sport. Rather, consider activities that you will both enjoy that get you outside and get your heart racing!
- Red Rocks Amphitheater: No bones about it, Red Rocks is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the state of Colorado. It’s a wonderful place to go for a day date or plan a special outing and picnic with your special love. Go for a long hike in the hills or visit the Colorado Music Hall of Fame. It’s a must-see icon in the Rocky Mountains.
- Indoor Rock Climbing: You may love the outdoors, but you can also have just as much fun inside with some rock climbing! Movement, Yoga, and Fitness Center has a few locations in the Denver area including Englewood, Boulder, and Golden. It’s a great place to spend some quality time while scaling boulders inside warm walls!
- Lucky Strike: Go for the Strike or pick up the Spare at Lucky Strike Bowling Center in Denver! You’ll be sure to have a lot of laughs and get to spend some nice, fun competitive time with your sweetie.
Explore a New Place or Activity
Go ahead, try something new or explore a different world! This is a chance for you and your partner to expand your interests and is an excellent way to grow together as a couple! Pack a lunch, bring a travel guide and enjoy the change of scenery in one of these unique locations:
- Denver Botanic Gardens: The unique aspect of Denver Botanic Gardens is there are two great locations to visit that are both managed by the garden organization: Chatfield Farms Littleton and York Street Gardens in Downtown Denver. Chatfield Farms has lots of nature trails and numerous wildflower gardens. The area is well known to feature a variety of bird species, so it’s a great place to go bird-watching! York Street is a 700-acre native plant refuge and working farm located along the banks of Deer Creek in southern Jefferson County. There is also the Freyer-Newman Center which houses the Helen Fowler Library, art galleries, the School of Botanical Art & Illustration, and the Copper Door Coffee Roasters coffee shop. By having both locations in two different cities in the area, you and your significant other can get a bit of historical education, and nature learning and have some hands-on fun out and about in the sun!
- Visit SeaQuest Littleton: With over ten locations across the US, SeaQuest Littleton is one of the most unique, thrilling, and interactive attractions you’ll ever visit! The ultimate land and sea adventure, SeaQuest offers hands-on encounters that let you connect with animals and wildlife from around the globe! Spend a date night by experiencing animal encounters with your significant other. Whether it’s hand-feeding birds, petting reptiles, or hanging out with the sugar gliders, It will be a date night experience like none other. You can even snorkel with stingrays together! They provide everything you need; from the wetsuit, snorkeling gear, and rays of all sizes!
A romantic date doesn’t have to be time-consuming, elaborate, or expensive, but it should be fun, and build great memories for years to come. If you are planning a special date night or looking for ideas for Valentine’s Day in the Denver area, hopefully, some of this list will help in your planning journey! Make sure to capture those wonderful moments and post them to social media — share your date night adventure with others. You may just inspire a couple out there to try something new as well!