SeaQuest offers volunteer internship opportunities in multiple areas throughout our facility
SeaQuest volunteer interns have the opportunity to learn about animals, conservation, overall business operations and proper animal care. Interns gain practical, hands on experience to a future career in conservation, animal care, business, education, science or as a veterinarian. Responsibilities include aiding animal keepers, supporting educational activities, interacting with guests and animals, maintaining aquarium exhibits and animal habitats and assisting with special events.
Volunteer benefits include:
• Discounts at the SeaQuest gift shop.
• Discounts at SeaQuest concessions during volunteer shifts.
• Invitation to annual SeaQuest volunteer appreciation events.
• Free admission for you and your immediate family to SeaQuest during your term as a volunteer intern.
• Each volunteer intern who successfully completes the program will receive a Certificate of Completion and top candidates will be considered for employment as needed by the facility. We also encourage each volunteer intern that has successfully completed the program to put SeaQuest on their resume.
Requirements: Candidates must have a positive upbeat attitude, love animal interaction, educate guests about our animals and be willing to work in different areas of the business.
Minimum Term: Our volunteer intern programs require a minimum three month commitment due to the extensive training required.
How To Apply: All SeaQuest volunteer intern candidates must apply in person during one of our scheduled open interview events – days and times for these events are listed below.
• Las Vegas Volunteer Open Interview Events: Open interviews for volunteer interns at SeaQuest Las Vegas are held on the 2nd Friday of every month from 4pm-7pm at the aquarium.
• Utah Volunteer Open Interview Events: Open interviews for volunteer interns at SeaQuest Utah are held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 3pm-5pm at the aquarium.
• Fort Worth Volunteer Open Interview Events: Open interviews for volunteer interns at SeaQuest Fort Worth are held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 4pm-7pm at the aquarium.
• Littleton Volunteer Open Interview Events: Volunteer open Interview dates and times coming soon!
• Folsom Volunteer Open Interview Events: Volunteer open Interview dates and times coming soon!
You must provide your resume and a written explanation of why you want to become a SeaQuest volunteer intern and identify any specific areas of interest. If accepted, volunteer interns will meet and interview with a Volunteer Coordinator. Approved volunteer interns must then pass a SeaQuest background check, complete all other necessary paperwork, and complete the initial training phase.