Share it on:
There are a variety of ways couples spend alone time together. It’s always a great, and healthy step to keep a relationship solid. Maybe the more common activities like dinner and movies have gotten a little dull. You may be on the hunt for some fun, unique and unforgettable activities to do with your significant other. A busy life can keep you from making grand plans for an anniversary or a special occasion and you may be thinking how can I plan a great date? Well, here are some exciting date night ideas in the DFW area!
Explore a New Place or Activity
Try something new! This is a chance for you and your partner to expand your interests and is an excellent way to grow together as a couple! Pack a lunch, bring a travel guide, and enjoy the change of scenery in one of these unique locations:
- Dallas Botanical Gardens: Located in East Dallas, the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden is a 66-acre botanical garden just minutes from downtown. There are 11 lush display gardens that offer seasonal and colorful foliage all year long. The gardens are right on the shore of White Rock Lake and the arboretum is the perfect date night destination!
- See the Stars at UTA Planetarium: Fly to space with your sweetie and swim among the stars! The UTA Planetarium is the perfect place to do this. Located on the campus of The University of Texas at Arlington, UTA Planetarium provides unparalleled views of the night sky, the solar system, stars, and distant galaxies—complemented with Dolby® surround sound. This is an unforgettable experience with the stars and constellations visible in the Texas sky.
- Visit SeaQuest Ft. Worth: With over ten locations across the US, SeaQuest Ft. Worth is one of the most unique, thrilling, and interactive attractions you’ll ever visit! The ultimate land and sea adventure, SeaQuest offers hands-on encounters that let you connect with animals and wildlife from around the globe! SeaQuest is one of the most unique ways to spend a day date or date night together! Experience once-in-a-lifetime animal encounters with your significant other. Whether it’s hand-feeding birds, petting reptiles, or snuggling with a sloth, it will be a date night experience like none other. You can even snorkel with stingrays together! They provide everything you need; from the wetsuit, snorkeling gear, and rays of all sizes. Finish off your date adventure with a relaxing foot soak in the fish spa – your skin will thank you later.
Take a Class Together!
Learning something new together is not only fun, but it’s romantic too. It’s a great way to spend an evening and create a closer connection through new experiences. Some ideas include:
- The Cookery Dallas: Grab your apron and chef’s hat! The Cookery in Dallas offers cooking classes, which are a fun way to interact as a couple. It’s a perfect time to try something new together and learn recipes that you’ll be able to create over and over again!
- Painting with a Twist: Get your paint on by taking an art or painting class together! Painting with a Twist in Dallas offers a variety of date night events to choose from. And, funny enough, the studio is located on Lovers Lane in downtown Dallas.
- Dallas Chocolate Class: Dallas Chocolate classes offer couples a chance to learn how to make chocolate, or they also offer a variety of baking classes! This is definitely a “sweet” way to spend a night with your sweetie.
- Firehouse Pottery: Shape it any way you like, but taking a pottery class together will always have a ‘romantic’ feel to it! Firehouse Pottery in Ft. Worth offers adult date night lessons for any couple looking to get dirty with clay!
Go For A Little Adventure
Why not add a little adventure on your next date? Keep in mind this doesn’t mean you have to participate in an “extreme” sport. Rather, consider activities that you will both enjoy that get you outside and get your heart racing!
- Trail Run or Bike Ride: If you and your partner love to get in some exercise outdoors together, check out Harry S Moss Park trail in Dallas! It’s a beginner/intermediate trail with almost six miles of scenic nature and landscape.
- Go Rock Climbing: You may love the outdoors, but you can also get just as much fun inside with indoor climbing! Dyno-Rock Indoor Climbing Center in Arlington is the perfect place to spend some quality time while scaling boulders inside warm walls!
- Horseback Riding: Ride off into the sunset with your honey on a couple’s horseback riding adventure! Ascend Horseback Riding in Dallas offers specials and date night events for couples – book now to reserve a spot!
A romantic date doesn’t have to be time-consuming, elaborate, or expensive, but it should be fun, and build great memories for years to come. If you are planning a special date night or looking for ideas for ways to celebrate an anniversary, hopefully, some of the ideas above will help in your planning journey! Make sure to capture those wonderful moments and post them to social media — share your date night adventure with others. You may just inspire a couple out there to try something new as well!