Best Exotic Animal Encounters in Dallas
Share it on:
Do you have an animal lover in your family? Meeting new and exotic creatures is exciting and unforgettable! There are a number of attractions and locations in the Dallas and Ft. Worth area that can give an up close and personal experience with animals and nature, but here’s a quick list that highlights some of the best locations in DFW where you can interact directly with exotic animals! It’s an excellent way for family and friends to spend the day together and create a memory all of you will cherish!
TGR Exotic Wildlife Park: Spring, TX
At TGR Wildlife Park, you will get up close and personal with some of the planet’s most exotic, fascinating, and endangered animals. It’s home to more than 100 animals representing over 25 species. From kangaroos and porcupines to aardvarks and owls, there is something to see here for kids and adults alike! TGR brings great fun for the whole family by giving them a chance to touch and learn about some incredible animals.
Take A Dive on the Wild Side! SeaQuest Ft. Worth
Experience underwater life like never before at SeaQuest Ft. Worth the ultimate land and sea adventure! SeaQuest is home to some of the most unique and interactive experiences among Texas animal attractions! Here, you’ll see more than just fish and sea creatures. Discover mammals, birds, reptiles, insects, and amphibians from around the planet! This is a hands-on adventure, as visitors get to touch, feel, and feed animals from a variety of habitats around the world. Some of the special animal encounters include:
- Asian Otter Interaction: Meet Chip and Dale! During your time to feed the otters, you’ll get an educational overview of the otter species and habitat, then participate in an informational Q&A on how you can help save the otters in the wild!
- Meet a Capybara! That’s right, capybaras have become so popular these days, and SeaQuest is home to one of the most famous Texas capybaras: Alvin! He’s won the hearts of many on TikTok – but here you’ll get to meet Alvin in person.
- Sloth Interaction: Hang out with Flash the Sloth while learning all about him. You get to feed, pet, and touch the sloth in this once-in-a-lifetime experience! Be sure to bring your camera for a selfie during your hand-feeding session.
- Fishy Kisses: Dip your feet into a tank of fish that will gently “kiss” your toes, removing dead skin cells in the process.
- Snorkel With Stingrays: Splash on in with Seaquest! Bring your suit and towel and jump in the water with a variety of rays, tropical fish, and non-threatening sharks for an ultimate up-close animal experience.
- Sleep With the Sharks: Invite 25 of your closest friends for this ultimate overnight experience! Learn how the Animal Whisperers open and close SeaQuest each day, get a behind-the-scenes peek at the aquarium and participate in the morning bird feeding experience.
Monkey See, Monkey Do Mobile Petting Zoo
Just as it sounds, Monkey See, Monkey Do is a mobile petting zoo that can bring the animals right to you! Great for a birthday party or homeschool field trip, the zoo started out as a USDA-licensed rehab and rescue operation. Now it runs petting zoo services featuring exotic animals, ones not found commonly at regular zoos and aquariums. They’ve been known to feature kinkajous, lemurs, spider monkeys, and tortoises. They’re happy to bring animals for various events or educational purposes and they regularly organize school/library visits to educate students about animals.
Sea Life: Grapevine
Located inside Grapevine Mills, Sea Life boasts all forms of sea life, from starfish to seahorses and sharks to jellyfish! More than 30 displays house thousands of sea creatures, featuring both exotic saltwater and native freshwater sea life. Visitors can learn firsthand what it’s like to rescue sea turtles in the Sea Turtle Rescue Center or attends talks and feeds of animals. There’s even a special behind-the-scenes tour for an additional cost. They also feature a few exotic animal encounter activities including:
- Sting Ray Bay: Discover a variety of species and be mesmerized by the happy and smiley rays. You don’t get to swim with stingrays or feed them like the SeaQuest encounter, but it’s still a fun activity.
- Rainforest Exhibit: Enter the mysterious world of the rainforest where unique creatures lie hidden around every turn. Or venture through the Piranha Tunnel! While you don’t get to feed or touch most of the animals as you do at SeaQuest, it’s still a neat afternoon jungle adventure.
Exotic Resort Zoo: Johnson City
More of a guided safari tour attraction, Exotic Resort Zoo offers a variety of options when you visit the animals. Private guided tours, a drive-thru tour, and a petting zoo are available to get a chance to see some amazing animals that call this Texas ranch home! There’s Asian water buffalo, Antelope, Yak, Bison, Red Kangaroo and so much more! They also rent safari cabins for overnight stay events! It is definitely an adventure to be had at this unique exotic animal attraction!
When it comes to exotic animal encounters in the Dallas area, these are just some of our favorite picks to choose from! DFW has a variety of aquarium and zoo locations that will surely bring the adventure of a lifetime for your family! For the BEST animal interactions in the state check out the SeaQuest Ft. Worth website. You can book your special exotic animal encounter today!
Take an EpicQuest at SeaQuest! Written By:kristylussier Share it on: It’s the ultimate of the ultimate at SeaQuest: An Epic journey through 5 continents, animal feeding, working as a zookeeper and so much more! Where Does EpicQuest Take You? This 3-hour EpicQuest will begin by taking you and your group on a guided safari adventure through 5…
Birthday Parties at SeaQuest! Written By:kristylussier Share it on: Birthday celebrations can create lasting memories that you will forever cherish. Hosting a birthday party is the perfect time to gather friends and family and share experiences together that will be remembered for years! It’s no secret: Families are very busy nowadays, with school, activities, and meetings,…
25 Fun Summer Break Activities for Kids Written By:kristylussier Share it on: School’s out for summer! As kids celebrate the end of another school year, the excitement for summer break grows. After a long year of textbooks and tests, everyone’s schedule may have been so exhausting. So now it’s time for summer – the time…