Best Exotic Animal Encounters in Las Vegas
Share it on:
The Lion Habitat Ranch is a non-profit animal sanctuary that specializes in the care and protection of lions and big cats. Open since 1989, the organization has strived to work towards the rescue and rehabilitation of lions. Not only do they house and care for lions, but the ranch also takes care of a number of different animals including exotic birds and giraffes. They offer an amazing Behind the Scenes Tour, where you get to spend 90 minutes with a trainer as you tour the property, see the staff in action while they care for the animals, and feed Ozzie the Giraffe some treats!
Take A Dive on the Wild Side! SeaQuest Las Vegas
SeaQuest Las Vegas is the ultimate land and sea adventure and is home to some of the most unique and interactive experiences among Nevada aquariums! SeaQuest Las Vegas offers the chance to meet 1,200 different animals from 300 different species. Here, you’ll see more than just fish and sea creatures. Discover mammals, birds, reptiles, insects, and amphibians from around the planet! This is a hands-on adventure, as visitors get to touch, feel, and feed animals from a variety of habitats around the world. Some of the special exotic animal encounters include:
- Asian Otter Interaction: During your time to feed the otters, you’ll get an educational overview of the otter species and habitat, then participate in an informational Q&A on how you can help save the otters in the wild!
- Coatimundi Interaction: Coatimundis are highly social and curious little mammals! And though they look like little raccoons, don’t let that fool you – Coatimundis tend to be a little more friendly and have some unique characteristics that separate them from their raccoon cousins! Meet Jack and Gus today and learn more about these fascinating creatures that reside on the American continents!
- Fishy Kisses: Dip your feet into a tank of fish that will gently “kiss” your toes, removing dead skin cells in the process.
- Crested Porcupine Encounter: Have you ever wondered what a porcupine actually feels like? Look no further – Meet Quilliam the porcupine here at SeaQuest, and learn all about his unique species while hand feeding him his favorite snacks!
- Snorkel With Stingrays: Bring your suit and towel and jump in the water with a variety of rays, tropical fish, and non-threatening sharks for an ultimate up-close animal experience.
- Sleep With the Sharks: Invite 25 of your closest friends for this ultimate overnight experience! Learn how the Animal Whisperers open and close SeaQuest each day, get a behind-the-scenes peek at the aquarium and participate in the morning bird feeding experience.
- Wallaby Encounter: You’ll Wallaby Here for This! Step right into the Grasslands of the Australian Outback when you hang out with a Wallaby friend! Closely related to the kangaroo, wallabies are incredible animals who love to hop, skip and jump their way into your heart. You’ll be able to feed, pet, and even snag a selfie with these bouncy little creatures.
Camel Safari Las Vegas
Camel Safari is located an hour north of Las Vegas, but worth the drive for some fascinating animal encounters. You’ll get up close and personal with camels and exotic animals alike!
They offer guided safari tours where you can choose to either ride a camel, ride the Safari train or drive an ATV! They have over 40+ camels who call the Las Vegas desert home! You’ll learn from an ambassador about the animals and be guided by the keepers to have encounters with some exotic animals. These safaris are 2-hour guided, interpreted tours. They also offer evening VIP Sunset Safaris – which are ideal for family gatherings or group events. You’ll get to watch a stunning Mojave Desert sunset while roasting marshmallows over a fire. The views are pretty spectacular and make for a perfect backdrop for photo shoots, weddings, family reunions, corporate retreats, bachelor/bachelorette parties, birthday parties, and more!
Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay
Come face-to-face with some of the world’s most fascinating and exotic creatures at the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. This Vegas aquarium is home to thousands of animals including sawfish, giant rays, endangered green sea turtles, piranha, jellyfish, and rare golden crocodiles. Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay is located in the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino.
Special Encounter Options:
- Shark Reef Tunnel: Get a 360° view of the vast marine wildlife habitat in the Shark Reef tunnel.
- Touch Pool: Dip your hand in the touch pool to feel the beautiful stingray and horseshoe crabs. You don’t get to swim with stingrays like the SeaQuest encounter, but still a fun activity.
- SCUBA: Visitors can schedule a SCUBA dive with the sharks as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Must be over the age of 18
- Must be SCUBA certified
- Must schedule the dive more than 72 hours in advance
- The cost to dive with sharks is $650 per person or $1,000 per couple.
Siegfried and Roy’s Dolphin Habitat
Located at the Mirage Casino and Hotel Las Vegas, Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat allow you to come face-to-face with some of nature’s most exotic and majestic creatures! Visitors can watch bottlenose dolphins swim and play in the Dolphin Habitat. Or there’s the viewing of white lions, tigers, panthers, and leopards in the Secret Garden. Visiting hours can be limited, so check the hotel website for details on how to get tickets or admission information.
When it comes to exotic animal encounters in the Las Vegas area, these are just some of our favorite picks to choose from! Not only does the Las Vegas Strip have some options to choose from, but many aquariums and zoos are located just off the strip and beyond, and all of these attractions will surely bring the adventure of a lifetime for your family! For the BEST animal interactions in the state check out the SeaQuest Las Vegas website. You can book your special exotic animal encounter today!
Take an EpicQuest at SeaQuest! Written By:kristylussier Share it on: It’s the ultimate of the ultimate at SeaQuest: An Epic journey through 5 continents, animal feeding, working as a zookeeper and so much more! Where Does EpicQuest Take You? This 3-hour EpicQuest will begin by taking you and your group on a guided safari adventure through 5…
Birthday Parties at SeaQuest! Written By:kristylussier Share it on: Birthday celebrations can create lasting memories that you will forever cherish. Hosting a birthday party is the perfect time to gather friends and family and share experiences together that will be remembered for years! It’s no secret: Families are very busy nowadays, with school, activities, and meetings,…
25 Fun Summer Break Activities for Kids Written By:kristylussier Share it on: School’s out for summer! As kids celebrate the end of another school year, the excitement for summer break grows. After a long year of textbooks and tests, everyone’s schedule may have been so exhausting. So now it’s time for summer – the time…