10 Fun and Unique Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Share it on:
With the Spring flowers in full bloom, Mother’s Day is just around the corner! There’s no time like the present to find the perfect gift for that special mother figure in your life. Mother’s Day gift shopping isn’t always easy, but don’t worry! Some gifts can be simple gestures of appreciation, others can be elaborate events, but ultimately it’s all about celebrating the Mom in your life! If you’re unsure of what to get or give this year, this list is sure to make it easy for you. Check out our Mother’s Day Gift Guide of unique and fun ideas just for Moms!
Give Mom Some Alone Time
Motherhood can be tough and many Moms miss out on some much-needed alone time. Most Moms just want to spend as much time with their family as they can and others have a difficult time putting themselves first. But the truth is having alone time is perfectly okay! It helps with mental health and overall well-being. The simple fact is Moms need to take a break! Here are a few ideas to give Mom some “alone” time for Mother’s Day!
Give Mom a Shopping Spree
Surprise Mom with gift cards from her favorite store and let Mom go on a solo shopping spree! Some Moms find shopping alone relaxing and stress relieving. This alone time allows Moms to focus on the most important thing at that moment, themselves! They get to spend as much time as they want to try on clothes, browsing isles of books, or testing out the newest gadgets on the shelves. No pressure, tons of fun!
Sign Mom Up for a New Class
Has your special Mom figure ever mentioned wanting to try something new? Gifting Mom a chance to get some alone time while trying a new skill or hobby is the perfect way to tell Mom how important she is to you! Check out this list of unique ideas for a new class:
- Art or Pottery Class
- Baking or Cooking Class
- Photography Class
- Dance or Martial Arts Class
Treat Mom to a Spa Day
Most Moms have busy and hectic schedules but everyone deserves some time to relax and rest! A spa day can be a healthy mind and body experience. Treat Mom to a unique Mother’s Day gift of relaxation day of pampering that she’ll appreciate. Mom will get to spend some quality time alone!
Take Mom on a Family Adventure
As great as gifts just for Mom are, nothing beats spending time together. Why not go the extra mile to make her day extra special by planning a family adventure together?
- Pack a Picnic Lunch & Visit the Park: Prep and pack some of Mom’s favorite foods and snacks. Bring some fun outdoor games and head to the park for a picnic!
- Catch a Flick at the Local Theater: This time, Mom gets to pick the movie! Snatch up all of Mom’s favorite concession snacks and watch a new movie together!
- Visit a SeaQuest Aquarium Near You: Is your special mother figure an animal lover? This family adventure will be remembered for years to come! With ten locations across the US, SeaQuest is the ultimate land and sea adventure, offering hands-on encounters that let you connect with animals and wildlife from around the planet! Give Mom a one-of-a-kind experience with an animal encounter of their choice! Whether it’s hand-feeding birds, petting the iguanas, or snuggling with a sloth, it will be Mother’s Day like none other. The whole family can even snorkel with stingrays together! They provide everything you need; from the wetsuit, snorkeling gear, and rays of all sizes. And just for Moms on Mother’s Day, you’ll receive 25% off all premium interactions, so make sure to reserve a spot ahead of time. Become an Annual Passport “member mom” and receive five free tokens to feed all the amazing animals for the day!
- Head to the Great Outdoors! Go for a long family bike ride or an adventurous hike in the mountains. Take up stargazing and try to find as many constellations in the sky as you can see. Roast marshmallows by an open fire and tell stories that celebrate why you love your Mom so much!
Offer Mom a Gift From the Heart
Maybe the Mom in your life simply loves traditional gifts. Mother’s Day is a time to shower Mom with affection or acts of service, just to say “I love you” and Mom is overjoyed to receive special handmade cards and thoughtful gifts. Consider these classic Mother’s Day ways to celebrate Mom.
- Shower Mom with Flowers: Select Mom’s favorite flowers and place them all over the house. Or plant a Mother’s Day garden in her honor. Compile flower seeds, and some gardening tools in a hanging “gift” basket so the family can plant flowers together!
- Breakfast in Bed: How many times has Mom been up early to make breakfast for the entire family? Why not return the favor? The family can work together and make a nice breakfast. She won’t have to make breakfast this time, she can eat and relax in bed. Don’t forget to add a card to the breakfast tray to make this Mother’s Day even more special for her.
- Whip Up a Cleaning Party! Let’s face it, no one enjoys cleaning. Particularly Moms, who seem to be so busy keeping the home clean on their own all while working, raising kids, or running errands. One of the best and most exciting gifts a Mom could receive is a clean house! The family can get together and host a “Clean the entire house” party. Be sure not to leave a party mess! This is a gift Mom won’t forget and will be wishing for every Mother’s Day to come!
Now you have a list of great gift ideas and unique ways to make this Mother’s Day extra special! It’s important to show the Mom in your life how much you care so celebrate the occasion in a memorable way!
Take an EpicQuest at SeaQuest! Written By:kristylussier Share it on: It’s the ultimate of the ultimate at SeaQuest: An Epic journey through 5 continents, animal feeding, working as a zookeeper and so much more! Where Does EpicQuest Take You? This 3-hour EpicQuest will begin by taking you and your group on a guided safari adventure through 5…
Birthday Parties at SeaQuest! Written By:kristylussier Share it on: Birthday celebrations can create lasting memories that you will forever cherish. Hosting a birthday party is the perfect time to gather friends and family and share experiences together that will be remembered for years! It’s no secret: Families are very busy nowadays, with school, activities, and meetings,…
25 Fun Summer Break Activities for Kids Written By:kristylussier Share it on: School’s out for summer! As kids celebrate the end of another school year, the excitement for summer break grows. After a long year of textbooks and tests, everyone’s schedule may have been so exhausting. So now it’s time for summer – the time…