That once-a-year day of love is almost here! Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and you may be looking for some fun and unforgettable activities to do with your significant other. Kids, work, and busy life events may keep you from making grand plans for Valentine’s Day so don’t stress about how to plan a great date! Here are some exciting date night ideas in the Salt Lake City area!
Take a Class Together!
Learning something new together is not only fun, but it’s romantic too! It’s a great way to spend an evening and create a closer connection through new experiences. Some ideas include:
- The Orson Gygi Cooking Company: Grab your apron and chef’s hat! Gygi is located in South Salt Lake and they offer a number of different cooking and baking classes. They also have a showroom and sell restaurant and kitchen supplies. A cooking class here would definitely be a unique date night experience and a great way to interact as a couple. It’s a perfect time to try something new together and learn recipes that you’ll be able to cook at home for years to come!
- Painting with a Twist: Get your paint on by taking an art or painting class together! Painting with a Twist in Murray, Utah offers a variety of date night events to choose from. And yes, you can even sip a little tasty wine while you paint!
- Workshop SLC Studios: Shape it any way you like, but taking a pottery or art class together will always have a ‘romantic’ feel to it! Workshop SLC in Downtown Salt Lake City offers a number of adult art classes perfect for a date night lesson together. Any couple looking to get dirty with clay or messy with paint will love this!
Go For A Little Adventure
Why not add a little adventure on your next date? Keep in mind this doesn’t mean you have to participate in an “extreme” sport. Rather, consider activities that you will both enjoy that get you outside and get your heart racing!
- Indoor Rock Climbing: You may love the outdoors, but you can also have just as much fun inside with some rock climbing! Momentum Indoor Climbing located in Sandy is a unique way to spend some quality time together while scaling boulders inside warm walls!
- See the Stars: Fly to space with your sweetie and swim among the stars! The South Physics Observatory at the University of Utah is the perfect place to do this. This observatory partners with the Clark Planetarium of Salt Lake County to provide unparalleled views of the night sky, the solar system, stars, and distant galaxies! During the visit, expect to see nebulae, stars, moons, planets, and clusters. This is an unforgettable experience with the stars and constellations visible in the Utah sky.
Explore a New Place or Activity
Go ahead, try something new or explore a different world! This is a chance for you and your partner to expand your interests and is an excellent way to grow together as a couple! Make sure you are ready with your camera and enjoy the change of scenery in one of these unique locations:
- Natural History Museum of Utah: Found in the heart of Salt Lake City, the Natural History Museum of Utah features engaging exhibits and over 5,000 artifacts! The museum is a large archive of Utah’s paleontology discoveries, fascinating gems, and minerals found worldwide. There’s a three-story indoor canyon, and Interactive exhibits that educate about earthquakes, erosion, and how the Great Salt Lake has changed over time. There’s also an amazing observatory deck. It’s a unique and one-of-a-kind activity to share on a day date or afternoon together. You and your sweetie can take in the natural history and pick out some fun gifts for each other in the gift shop afterward!
- Visit SeaQuest Utah: With over ten locations across the US, SeaQuest Utah is located in Layton and is one of the most unique, thrilling, and interactive attractions you’ll ever visit! The ultimate land and sea adventure, SeaQuest Utah offer hands-on encounters that let you connect with animals and wildlife from around the globe! Spend a date night by experiencing animal encounters with your significant other. Whether it’s hand-feeding birds, petting reptiles, or hanging out with the sloths, It will be a date night experience like none other. You can even snorkel with stingrays together! They provide everything you need; from the wetsuit, snorkeling gear, and rays of all sizes!
A romantic date doesn’t have to be time-consuming, elaborate, or expensive, but it should be fun, and build great memories for years to come. If you are planning a special date night or looking for ideas for Valentine’s Day in the Salt Lake City area, hopefully, some of this list will help in your planning journey! Make sure to capture those wonderful moments and post them to social media — share your date night adventure with others. You may just inspire a couple out there to try something new as well!