Share it on:
Spending quality time with your significant other is an important step to maintaining a healthy relationship. It also adds a little fun and excitement into the mix. It seems harder these days to come up with fun or romantic things to do as a couple on date night. You may be on the hunt for something different, unique, and unforgettable! Well, here are a few of our favorite exciting date night ideas in New Jersey!
Explore a New Place or Activity
Exploring together can be a chance for you and your partner to expand your interests! It’s an excellent way to grow together as a couple! Get ready to expand your mind and enjoy the change of scenery in one of these unique locations:
- Back in Time: Take a trip back in time and spend a day in the 18th century! The Old Barracks Museum is a colonial and revolutionary historical site in New Jersey. The Old Barracks Museum brings the world of colonial America to life through interpretive programs, exhibits, and preservation so that visitors can appreciate New Jersey’s history.
- Ghost Hunting: New Jersey is one of the oldest states in the nation, so there are a ton of historical sites and locations to visit… But you can take it up a notch to do a haunted tour or ghost-hunting adventure! Paranormal Books & Curiosities in Asbury Park offers unique ghost tours that make for great date night ideas. The Ghosts of Cape May Trolley tour is another option or the Ghost Tour of Ocean City but you can always just opt for a regular historic walking tour in Bordentown City.
- Dive In at SeaQuest Woodbridge: With over ten locations across the US, SeaQuest Woodbridge located in Woodbridge Center is one of the most unique, thrilling, and interactive attractions you’ll ever visit! The ultimate land and sea adventure, SeaQuest offers hands-on encounters that let you connect with animals and wildlife from around the globe! SeaQuest is the perfect place to have a day date together. Experience unique animal encounters with your significant other. Whether it’s hand-feeding birds, petting reptiles, or meeting a Sloth, it will be a romantic date experience like none other. You can even snorkel with stingrays together! They provide everything you need; from the wetsuit, snorkeling gear, and rays of all sizes.
Take a Class Together!
Learning something new together is not only fun, but it’s romantic too. It’s a great way to spend an evening and create a closer connection through new experiences. Some ideas include:
- Taste and Technique: It’s time to grab your spatulas and get those aprons on! At Taste and Technique in Fair Haven, you can take a variety of different cooking classes together! From Italian Bootcamp to Sweetheart Surf -n- Turf, or even Thai food, there’s no shortage of cuisines to choose from! It’s a great time to try something new together and learn recipes from all over the world. You can show off your new cooking skills at home to the rest of the family!
- Canvas & Grapes, Oh My! Get your paint on by taking an art or painting class together! The Canvas & Grapes Experience in Edison is a great date night option for you and your significant other. Sip a glass of some fine wine and take turns painting a portrait of each other, or try to do a painted selfie! That’s sure to create some long-lasting memories.
- Stir the Pot! Shape it any way you like, but taking a pottery class together will always have a ‘romantic’ feel to it! The Clay Pot Pottery Studio in Spotswood offers adult date night lessons for any couple looking to get dirty with clay!
Go For A Little Adventure
Add some excitement and adventure on your next date! Keep in mind this doesn’t mean you have to participate in an “extreme” sport. Rather, consider activities that you will both enjoy that get you outside and get your heart racing!
- Go For the Strike! Hit the lanes for some classic bowling fun at the Bowlero! There are a number of Bowlero locations in New Jersey, so make sure to check out the website to find one near you. This is a restaurant/bowling alley/lounge/gaming center all looped into one! It’s sure to be a fun and impressive date night!
- Whale Watching: One of the more unique ideas on this list, but a thrilling and unforgettable one! Hop on a ferry and head out to sea to do some whale watching together. The marine life and whales of the Atlantic are breathtaking to see up close. It’s a great way to capture some amazing moments on camera together!
- All Aboard! Why not hop on for a long and romantic train ride together? Delaware River Railroad Excursions in Phillipsburg offers a wide variety of themed and scenic train rides that are such a unique and memorable time for you and your significant other. Offerings vary by season but include winery train rides, the mine train, pumpkin picking rides, Ren Faire rides, and more.
A romantic date doesn’t have to be time-consuming, elaborate, or expensive, but it should be fun, and build great memories for years to come. If you are planning a special date night or looking for ideas for a getaway break for two, hopefully, some of the suggestions above will help in your planning journey! Make sure to capture those wonderful moments and post them to social media — share your date night adventure with others. You may just inspire a couple out there to try something new as well!