Spending quality time with your significant other is an important step to maintaining a healthy relationship. It also adds a little fun and excitement into the mix. It seems harder these days to come up with fun or romantic things to do as a couple on date night. You may be on the hunt for something different, unique, and unforgettable! Well, here are a few of our favorite exciting date night ideas in Minneapolis and around the Twin Cities!
Take a Class Together!
Learning something new together is not only fun, but it’s romantic too. It’s a great way to spend an evening and create a closer connection through new experiences. Some ideas include:
- THAT Cooking School: It’s time to heat up the pans and get those aprons on! At THAT Cooking School, you can take a variety of different cooking classes in Mendota. They offer a number of workshops and events from Chili Cook Offs to a Food Fight competition where teams can compete! It’s a great time to try something new together and learn recipes from all over the world. You can show off your new cooking skills at home to the rest of the family!
- Joyful H’Arts: Get your paint on by taking an art or painting class together! Joyful H’Arts Studio in St. Paul is a great date night option for you and your significant other. Sip a glass of some fine wine and take turns painting a portrait of each other, or try to do a painted selfie! That’s sure to create some long-lasting memories.
- Glass with Class! You’ll see right thru this, but you can’t deny how beautiful glass art can be! Potekglass in Minneapolis offers class opportunities that you can take together! You can even try and make your own glasses and later use them for a champagne or cider toast!
Go For A Little Adventure
Add some excitement and adventure on your next date! Keep in mind this doesn’t mean you have to participate in an “extreme” sport. Rather, consider activities that you will both enjoy that get you outside and get your heart racing!
- Go For the Strike! Hit the lanes for some classic bowling fun at the Bryant Lake Bowl – a restaurant/theater/bowling alley/lounge all looped into one! It’s sure to be a fun and impressive date night! They offer a $28 Date Night Special that includes two delicious entrees, a bottle of wine or pitcher of beer, and a round of bowling.
- Climbing Adventure: You may love the outdoors, but you can also have just as much fun inside with indoor climbing! Chalk your hands and get ready to climb at Vertical Endeavors, the Twin Cities’ premier indoor rock climbing facility. This awesome location provides experiences for rock climbing newbies to experts, and it’s just the place to spend some quality time while scaling boulders inside warm walls!
- Practice Your Swing! TopGolf is the place to hit the driving range and practice some golf swings together! Located in Brooklyn Center, it’s a fun entertainment destination, offering state-of-the-art, climate-controlled golfing bays for year-round enjoyment, plus fun virtual gaming, a rooftop terrace with fire pits, and a full restaurant and bar. It’s sure to be a fun date afternoon or evening spent together!
Explore a New Place or Activity
Exploring together can be a chance for you and your partner to expand your interests! It’s an excellent way to grow together as a couple! Get ready to expand your mind and enjoy the change of scenery in one of these unique locations:
- It’s an Art Thing: Spend the day or afternoon taking in some historical and fine art pieces at the Minneapolis Institute of Art. The museum hosts a variety of special exhibits year round and there’s also the Walker Art Center open from 5-9 PM on Thursdays. You both will enjoy admiring some of the world’s finest art located near some walkable and incredible parks, dining, bars, and more.
- Weird Science: Geek out and take a day trip to the Science Museum of Minnesota, which features more than 370,000 square feet of exhibits. You and you’re sweetie can work on hands-on activities together and channel your inner science kid to concoct fun experiments to practice at home anytime!
- Dive In at SeaQuest Roseville: With over ten locations across the US, SeaQuest Roseville is one of the most unique, thrilling, and interactive attractions you’ll ever visit! The ultimate land and sea adventure, SeaQuest offers hands-on encounters that let you connect with animals and wildlife from around the globe! Spend a date night by experiencing animal encounters with your significant other. Whether it’s hand-feeding birds, petting reptiles, or meeting a Sloth, it will be a date night experience like none other! You can even snorkel with stingrays together! They provide everything you need; from the wetsuit, snorkeling gear, and rays of all sizes. Finish off your date adventure with a relaxing foot soak in the fish spa – your skin will thank you later.
A romantic date doesn’t have to be time-consuming, elaborate, or expensive, but it should be fun, and build great memories for years to come. If you are planning a special date night or looking for ideas for a getaway break for two, hopefully, some of the suggestions above will help in your planning journey! Make sure to capture those wonderful moments and post them to social media — share your date night adventure with others. You may just inspire a couple out there to try something new as well!